Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July is Here


Finally July is here, and the weather in Calgary is turning warm. I can get that tan I really want!!!Canada day was last thursday and was somewhat eventful. Levi and I along with my in-laws and there friends went down to Princess Island Park to celebrate. we sang O Canada and then watched the family theatre. It was put on by some U of C students, the funniest part about it was that one of the characters had to dress up as a baby and instead of finding clothes that fit he had taped a doll onto his chest but had cut off the head so it would be his head, I wished I'd gotten a picture of it! After that we just wandered around the island eating food and seeing some of the features they had there. Lots of and dancing and different Asian groups showing there cultures and making us Yummy food. All in all it was a fun day, crowded but fun!

So I would like to tell you a little bit more about mine and Levi's life. We are renting a house which is a nice size, its around 70 years old and very colourful. The outside is painted white and purple which doesn't look to bad. Inside is a whole other matter, the kitchen is lime green the dinning room is pink, half the basement is blue the other half is two different shades of purple. The only down to earth colours in our house is the bedroom and the bathroom. All the colours have made for interesting design techniques I've had to use, but it has come together really nicely. A lucky thing we do have is a landlord who doesn't care what we do with the yard as long as there is some grass and that we don't trash it. So with that freedom we have two fairly good sized garden plots. as well as flower garden for me! We also have a million chives growing in the back yard I was in the mood to take pictures and this is a picture of the flowers that grow on the chives. Anyways I'll stop boring you with my life for now and right something later!

No comments:

Post a Comment