Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Update!!

Day Joclyn was Born
So it's been just over a year since I've blogged and it's been a crazy year! Around this time last year Levi and I were processing the fact that we were expecting our first child. We were so excited and I'm not going to lie but a little nervous. I wasn't super sick during the pregnancy but there were days I felt horrible. I stopped working the end of november and I spent my time nesting and packing. (The house we lived in was up for sale, thats a whole other story.)

  

Our birth story is short but intense, we were (according to our due date,) a week and a half over due. So we went in to be induced on the 31st of December. We got the call at about 10:30 in the morning and went to the hospital where they admitted us and we went up to labour and delivery. When they checked to see how dilated I was, I was only 2 cm dilated so they couldn't do much so they stuck a water balloon up there to help me dilate faster and sent us down to anti partum. We spent 5 hours down there walking around waiting for the balloon to finally fall out. When it did they sent us back up to labour and delivery. Checked me I was 3-4 cm so they decided that instead of starting drugs that would break my water and see what would happen from there. In 20 min I went from sporadic contractions to them being every 3 to 3 1/2 min. Full on labour! We had decided to try to an all natural birth, so no drugs unless absolutely needed. So we walked around  a bit to help till I wanted to get in the shower. We were in the shower for 45 min before we got out, the nurse wasn't getting a good read on baby's heart beat so they wanted me in bed to do some more monitoring. Still couldn't get a good read. The doctor came in at that point and decided to check me as well as put a heart monitor on the baby's head to get a better read. I was 5 cm but her heart rate was dropping. NICU was called in and before we new it I was being wheeled to surgery for a c-section. They had to knock me out completely because I didn't have an epidural and they needed to get her out ASAP. Levi went through most of the drama, he wasn't aloud in because I wasn't awake so he was behind a curtain with no idea what was going on. He was worried about me and the baby. But she came out healthy and screaming (according to Levi). When I came to he was holding our daughter and smiling at me. Joclyn Jassie Guidi was born on December 31st at 10:10 pm, healthy and happy!!


Joclyn was 6 pounds 6 ounces when she was born and 21 inches long. We fell in love with her right away and she has brought so much joy to our lives. She is now 4 months old and weighs 13 pound 6 ounces. We've been busy with her and our lives have been completely different. In a good way. I love being a mother and I think my daughter is amazing and beautiful!!!


Enjoy the rest of the pictures, more stories to come!!!





Joclyn at 2 months

First Family Photo by Megan Stoneman

Daddy and Joclyn

Joclyn in her Blessing Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment